Thursday, February 21, 2008

THING 30

Finally made it - there were times when I wasn't sure I would. I got behind right from the beginning and the emails every week talking about the exercises for the week just reinforced how behind I was. The beginning was rather boring and hard to get into. But the hands-on exercises were fun and made me want to move on to the next exercise.

I think the Learning 2.0 experience has been good for everyone. It has made us aware that there are so many resources and tools available on the internet and it was presented in such a way that even those who started with no knowledge came away at least being familar with the various topics.

The biggest drawback to the program was time. When learning something new I have a tendency to read everything I can find. With this program I tried to read/listen to all the options and found myself spending more than 30 minutes on each. Although it was time consuming I did learn a lot. I do think the time constraint, however, is a big problem for a lot of the staff. Breaking it down into smaller 'things' or fewer things to do in a week would probably help a lot. I also think spreading the hands-on activities out or making sure there are hands-on activities for each 'thing' would be beneficial for those of us who learn by actually doing.

I would definitely sign up for future programs. As the internet continues to grow and change it's hard to keep up with it. A program like this gives you the information and tools you need to learn so you can use it and apply it to your job and everyday life.

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Congrats! You completed 30 things, collaborated with peers and evolved as a lifelong learner.